The world is rapidly progressing in digital transformation. Information sharing between systems has become essential for operational efficiency and productivity improvement. Delay in data availability slows down business processes and decision-making. Integrating Salesforce with OneDrive allows you to easily monitor these aspects while making document sharing, updating, and management much more straightforward. Users can view, edit, or share documents using a single platform, securely enabling direct and swift collaboration.
Table of contents
- Key Features of Salesforce
- Key Features of OneDrive for Business
- How to Connect Salesforce to OneDrive Using Native tools?
- Code-Free Data Integration Salesforce to OneDrive with Skyvia
Note! Integrating Microsoft OneDrive and Salesforce requires one to have the OneDrive for Business version. Using Skyvia, OneDrive for Business is unnecessary, as Skyvia supports all the versions.
OneDrive for Business Salesforce Integration is quite popular among organizations. The Integration allows you to quickly arrange your files, folders, and content in Microsoft OneDrive with automated workflows. You can sync contact data, manage deal flow and automate your sales pipeline in Salesforce, making them easy to find and improving your productivity.
OneDrive Salesforce Integration uses the recently released Salesforce Files Connect technology to connect OneDrive Cloud Storage to Salesforce CRM, which lets you access files from your CRM dashboard.
Key Features of Salesforce:
What is Salesforce? Salesforce can display the visual of an entire sales pipeline into a single intuitive and insightful Dashboard. You can track various aspects of your sales pipeline, from customer activity to conversion rates. Besides that, your teams can also build customized reports and data visualizations to view drill-down data or snapshot views.
Multiple departments can work with a single view of the customer worldwide and on any device. Here are some of the excellent plus points about Salesforce.
- Lead Management: Salesforce helps you track all relevant information about your leads. The most recent contact information is visible and accessible via the detailed activity chronology. Using Sales Path helps to comprehend best practices.
- Account and contact management: With customer contact management, you can quickly and easily access vital customer data such as key contacts, communication history, and more.
- Process Automation: Process Builder automates business procedures with a simple point-and-click interface. You may set up automated email notifications for transactions of a specific size and auto-assign responsibilities as a deal progresses through the phases.
- Files Sync: Salesforce manages and publishes the most accurate product specs, eliminating mistakes in the sales cycle. With Salesforce sync, you can put your files, content, and customer information in one place.
Key Features of OneDrive for Business:
What is OneDrive? OneDrive is a private cloud storage service where you can save your files safely and access them from any device. With OneDrive personal, you can share your files with friends and family and sync and store them in one place.
OneDrive for business, on the other hand, is a part of Office 365. It lets an organization give staff members their storage space, which you can use to manage, store and share your work files from one place. Some of the best things about OneDrive for business are listed below.
- Anywhere access: With Microsoft 365, including Microsoft Teams, you can quickly save, access, and find private and shared business files from any device.
- Seamless collaboration: Work faster and wiser with people inside and outside your company using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Controls for security: Use OneDrive to save and protect your files. Administrators can change security settings to help keep your information safe, and getting your data back is easy after some attack or deletion by accident.
How to Connect Salesforce to OneDrive Using Native tools?
OneDrive integration with Salesforce can happen using native tools. Below are the steps to sync OneDrive and Salesforce with the Salesforce Files Connect function.
Enable Files Connect in Salesforce:
Click Gear Icon and navigate to the setup page.
In the Quick Find Box of your Salesforce CRM Setup page, type “Files Connect.” Select Files Connect. Here in the “Edit” section, you will find specific options.
- Enable Files Connect: To access remote content repositories from within Chatter.
- File Sharing: Specifies how files get stored in external repositories, such as SharePoint.
- Use External object search layout: Provides a search interface similar to the one used for custom objects.
- Enable Links conversion: Allows external document URLs to get converted to file references posted in the feed.
Click Edit, and select Enable Files Connect for File Sharing.
Creating an Authentication Provider:
To use Microsofts Cloud-based External Data Sources, like OneDrive for Business, you must first build an Authentication Provider in Salesforce and then register that provider in an Office 365 Application.
Under the Identity category of your Salesforce Setup, you can find the Auth. Providers section. To add Microsoft Service, click the New button under this tab.
Select Microsoft Access Control Service under the tab for the provider. Here, youll see the following fields:
Name: You can put your name as you want it to appear in Salesforce.
URL Suffix: This is where you can add a word or phrase to the end of the URL path. By default, the suffix is the same as the entry for the Name.
Consumer Key: This is where you can enter a placeholder value.
Consumer Secret: Where you can put a placeholder value.
Authorize Endpoint URL: This is where you can put a blank that starts with HTTPS.
Token Endpoint URL: This is where you can put a blank that starts with HTTPS.
Default Scopes: Optional or leave blank.
Save your Call-back URL Entry by copying it. Click the Save button that’s available at the bottom of the Auth. Provider Page when done.
How to register an Office 365 app:
Sign in as an Administrator to your Office 365 account and go to the following URL:
where xyzenterprise is the name of your company.
Here, youll have to choose from the following options.
Client Id: Click “Generate” and copy the result to a text file.
Client Secret: Click “Generate,” then copy the value into a text file.
Title: Here is where you can give the App a name.
App Domain: Type in the name of your Salesforce Orgs domain here.
Redirect URL: Paste the Callback URL you copied when setting up the Authentication Provider in Salesforce.
After completing setting the options, click “Create.” Now go to the following URL
Set the following options once more:
App Id: Enter the Client Id you got in the last step, and click Lookup.
Title: Keep the default value.
App Domain: Use the default value.
Redirect URL: Use the default value.
Permission Request XML: Here, enter a string that looks like this:
Replace the [PLACEHOLDER] with one of these values:
How to add an authentication provider in Salesforce:
Under the same Salesforce Auth. Providers tab, click on Edit next to the Authentication Provider you already made and change the following fields:
Consumer Key: Type in the Client ID you got in the last step.
Client Secret: Type in the Client Secret you got from the steps before.
Authorize Endpoint URL: Type in the URL of the Office 365 OAuthAuthorize.aspx page.
Heres how the URL looks:
Token Endpoint URL: Here, input the URL in the following format:
Click Save when finished. The Authentication Provider is now ready for use.
Now that your Salesforce CRM is set up, you can use the power of OneDrive Salesforce Integration by using the Salesforce CRM to access all the information on OneDrive.
Pros and Cons of Integration using Native tools for Salesforce Onedrive integration
The native ‘Salesforce Files Connect extension’ integration with OneDrive for Business is a popular option.
- Being a native tool, the Salesforce Filesconect is free with most Salesforce versions.
- Your technical team can set up the integration quickly and saves time.
- There is extensive documentation available on Salesforce Filesconnect.
- Challenges with the native approach can be overcome if you have tech-savvy resources to use the interface of Salesforce and OneDrive.
- You can have limitations with using third-party data and specific data types too.
Code-Free Data Integration Salesforce to OneDrive with Skyvia
Unlike Salesforce files connect, Skyvia reads CSV files and performs ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) operations with data stored in these files. Skyvia can also process Salesforce data and export this data to generated CSV files and place these files to OneDrive and other supported storages.
Skyvia supports both OneDrive personal and OneDrive for business Salesforce integration.
With Skyvia you can regularly exchange files between Salesforce and OneDrive and you can include other services into this process to load files from these services to Salesforce using OneDrive. Skyvia allows to enrich Salesforce data with CSV files data.
We will describe how to sync OneDrive and Salesforce in both directions using Skyvia Salesforce dataloader.
To integrate OneDrive with Salesforce you need to have Skyvia account registered and connections to OneDrive and Salesforce created. Use the above links to obtain information on how to connect to Salesforce and OneDrive.
To import CSV file from OneDrive using Salesforce data loader, perform the following actions:
- Sign in with Skyvia and create a new Import package.
- Click the CSV from storage device.
- Select OneDrive as a Source connection and Salesforce as a Target connection.
- Optionally select the package options. You can specify the Batch Size if needed and make the package perform tasks by specific order in case of more than one package tasks are created.
- Create the package task:
- Click Add new on the top right of Skyvia page.
- Select the source file on the Source Definition tab and adjust the CSV options if needed.
- Select the target table on the Target definition table.
- Map the fields and save the task. You can transform source data with any available mapping type.
6. When the mapping is completed, save the package and run it.
7. You can check the package results on the Monitor and Log tabs of the package.
To connect Salesforce with OneDrive in the opposite direction Skyvia offers the Export solution. Skyvia queries the content of the needed Salesforce table, generates the CSV file and places it to the OneDrive folder.
To integrate Salesforce with Onedrive, perform the following actions:
- Sign in with Skyvia and create a new Export package.
- Select your Salesforce connection as a Source.
- Click on the CSV to storage service Target type.
- Select your OneDrive connection as a Target.
- Choose the folder where the future CSV file has to be placed.
- Enable the other available package and file options.
- Create the export task.
Click Add new, same as was described above, and do the following:
- On the source definition tab select the task mode. Advanced is more relevant for complex custom commands or salesforce reports export. We will just export the record from the table without complicated transformations, thus we select the Simple task mode.
- Select the source Salesforce table and needed fields. Add filtering conditions if necessary.
- You can change the result file column order and rename the columns on the Output Columns tab.
- Save the task, Save the package and run it.
Skyvia allows running the integration packages automatically using the package schedule. You can adjust the frequency according to your business needs.
Explore all available Salesforce OneDrive integration opportunities here, register in Skyvia for free and start your data integration journey right now.
- Using tools like Skyvia empowers companies to avoid deployment and upgrades as it’s a cloud-based platform.
- You dont need to know to code or be a technical person. A help wizard guides all users with ease, saving time and resources.
- Skyvia supports multiple integrations with third-party data and specific data types.
- Attractive and flexible pricing plans.
- Most third-party tools are paid ones, but you need to evaluate them well and check if it meets your requirements for supported data sources.
You can use whatever integration method you prefer and suits your organization. Integrating OneDrive to Salesforce CRM with Skyvia enables flexibility in your business operations with seamless connectivity on a unified platform.
Discover Supported Connectors from Skyvia. We make your life easier.
Sign up for a free demo.